Monday 27 June 2016

Dino Boxers

In the past year, I have bought metres and metres of metres of dinosaur fabric to fulfil various requests after seeing my dino pjs. After being challenged to make some dino boxers I accepted and got cracking on finding a pattern. I looked at drafting my own, but found it nigh on impossible to find instructions on drafting a tight fitting boxer short, which is most men's preference today. (I did a little informal survey to confirm this.) So then I had a little look for patterns and stumbled across makemypattern.com. And the rest, as they say, is history.
I asked Harry what he had to say about them and he put it better than I ever could: "The Original Digby Dinobox 3000's are the comfiest pair of men's Lounge wear that I have come across in a long time. The subtle but necessary elastic waist band gives you the security you need, also unlike other elastic waistbands that I have come across, this one is not itchy or uncomfortable.I also like the size of the waistband, it shows youth, but doesn't give off the ASBO vibe that you get when you see a white pair of CK's on show."
"The print, is top shelf, who doesn't like dinosaurs?? The stitching, seems sturdy for now and I have no reason to believe that it will give up on me any time soon. All in all, these boxers make you feel like a kid, whilst looking adult. They are fantastic! 9/10"
Harry Haywood
Boxer Wearist

As for sewing details, I zigzagged it all on my sewing machine because my overlocker was left at home while I was at uni. I used white waistband elastic from the sewing chest. Harry chose the placement of the label.
They were super easy to put together, only taking about half an hour once they were cut out.
I'm super pleased with the pattern. You input your models measurements into the computer and then a pattern is generated based on those measurements. There weren't many pages to cut out and they didn't take very long to put together at all. (Especially with two other pairs of hands). The instructions were very clear also.
 
Thanks for reading and thanks so so much to Harry for modelling (and doing a stella job at it I might add) and helping to put the pattern together and do some cutting out along with Dan. And thanks to Ieuan for being a fabulous measurer and photographer.

Lauren xx