Tuesday 1 October 2013

I made a tie!



It was my dads birthday yesterday and the night before I thought “aha, I’ll make him a tie”. I scoured the internet for a pattern and found this by pukingpastilles.com which is perfect. It took longer than I thought it would to make, seeing as I sewed the pieces together all wrong and instead of going in a straight line it zigzaged. By 11pm I still hadn’t finished so I decided to take it into school the next day to finish off. After form period, biology, break, lunch and after school with the help of a friend I finished my tie. And I have to say, I’m quite proud of it really.
He loved it and even wore it to work to next day. At least he was wearing it when he came home.
It was a huge success and I can see me making many more in the future for male birthdays.